Location: Gorge Road, Castumbul. Go through Castumbul, and make a sharp left turn across Playford Bridge (Green Bridge).
Postal Address: PO Box 88, Athelstone SA 5076
President – 0417 834 235
Secretary – 0413 021 899
About the Club
This club officially began in 1962. Its facilities consist of a clubhouse, two covered firing points for 100m and 200m shooting, plus a shotgun range with voice-operated trap.
The club is ostensibly a blackpowder and not a general shooting club. Members must own and shoot a blackpowder firearm at the club to be accepted and retain membership, and should participate in at least two blackpowder shoots per year. Working Bees are obligatory.
Members are not permitted to apply for a pistol licence through this club until twelve months of active membership (shooting) with a personal blackpowder longarm has been completed in the first instance, and thereafter.
What do we shoot
- Black Powder (Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun)
- Single Shot Rifle
- Schutzen Match (100m OH Black Powder Cartridge or Muzzle Loader)
When do we shoot
- Regular competitions are held on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month.
- Shotgun on the 3rd Saturdays, start 12 noon, remaining events from 1.00 pm.
- Pistol on the 1st Saturdays, start at 12 noon, remaining events from 1.00 pm.
- The 5th Saturdays are open to all classes of permitted firearms.
- Range normally open for practice from 11.00 am.