Location: Rifle Range Road, Greenwith 5125
Postal Address: GPO Box 2013, Adelaide SA 5001
About the Club
The first shoot was conducted at Para on February 9, 1969. Among the original shoot organisers were Bill Hambley-Clark, George and Orial Francis, George Barnes, Gil Hartwig, Les Tomkins, Colin Matthews and Jarvis Langford – who was also Para’s first President. The current President is Steve Nicholas.
Today Para is a vary diverse club with more than 500 members. Para has been involved with the Life be in it campaigns, Security Training, Government Training and Scout Groups. The Branch has also hosted National Championships in all of the rifle and pistol disciplines, the Masters Games events, and Trans Tasman competitions.
Ranges facilities include: a main rifle range out to 300yds, a 100-metre rimfire range, a 50-metre pistol range, three 25-metre pistol ranges, an indoor ten-metre air pistol/rifle range a field shotgun range and an IPSC/Single Action Range.
Situated north-east of Adelaide, about 40 minutes from the CBD, the Para Branch is easy to get to, always active and very family-orientated. New members are always welcome.
What do we shoot
- SSAA Disciplines and Non SSAA Disciplines shot at SSAA Para
- SSAA Benchrest (Rimfire & Centrefire)
- SSAA Field Rifle, 3-Positional and NRA 3P
- SSAA Combined Services (Rifle and Pistol)
- SSAA Muzzle loading (Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun)
- SSAA Single Action Shooting
- SSAA Handgun Silhouette (Air, Rimfire, Field Pistol, Big Bore)
- SSAA Shotgun (Field)
- SSAA Rifle Silhouette (Rimfire & Air scoped rifle, Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette)
- SSAA Lever Action (Paper & metallic)
- SSAA Target Pistol
- ISU (Olympic Pistol)* Section is Affiliated with SARPA
- Practical Shooting* Section is affiliated with IPSC
- Air Rifle
- Air Pistol
- Single Shot Rifle (Rimfire, Black Powder, Smokeless)
- SSAA Big Game Rifle
- SSAA NRA Cowboy Silhouette
When do we shoot
- The club is open 7 days a week.
- 10am to 4pm weekdays, and 10am to between 4pm to 6pm on weekends (depends on matches).
- The range is closed Christmas day and the Morning of ANZAC day.
- Target Pistol
- Single Action Shooting
- Service Rifle
- Service Pistol
- Running Target
- Rifle Metallic Silhouette
- Practical Shooting
- Lever Action
- Handgun Metallic Silhouette
- Field Rifle & 3 Position
- Cowboy Metallic Silhouette
- Combined Service
- Black Powder
- Air Rifle
- Air Pistol